Welcome

WELCOME

Hi-
I'm Atlas, a Police Canine (or K9) for the Oceanside Police Department. I am a Belgian Malinois. I work with a Police Officer partner, also called a "Handler", his name is Kevin. Together we are a K9 team and we patrol the City of Oceanside. Our job is to assist other police officers in doing their jobs and making things safer for them. I have a really good nose and my handler teaches me to use it to search for things. Right now I'm getting good at finding people my handler wants me to find. I can look in buildings, fields, lots, inside cars and find somebody hiding. I'm still getting use to riding around in a patrol car, the siren makes me howl, LOL! Anyway, I started this blog so you kids could see what kinds of stuff I'm up to. Check in here and there and see if I've posted any updates. Maybe I'll see you around, I'll try not to bark at you :)

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday to me!

I turned 2 years old today and Yesterday was a great early birthday present....I returned to training and continue training today! If all goes well I should be back on the streets working this time next week...that would be a great birthday wish come true. We also got these K9 coins made which came in yesterday...lots of fun things going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment