Welcome

WELCOME

Hi-
I'm Atlas, a Police Canine (or K9) for the Oceanside Police Department. I am a Belgian Malinois. I work with a Police Officer partner, also called a "Handler", his name is Kevin. Together we are a K9 team and we patrol the City of Oceanside. Our job is to assist other police officers in doing their jobs and making things safer for them. I have a really good nose and my handler teaches me to use it to search for things. Right now I'm getting good at finding people my handler wants me to find. I can look in buildings, fields, lots, inside cars and find somebody hiding. I'm still getting use to riding around in a patrol car, the siren makes me howl, LOL! Anyway, I started this blog so you kids could see what kinds of stuff I'm up to. Check in here and there and see if I've posted any updates. Maybe I'll see you around, I'll try not to bark at you :)

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Charity

Charity is doing something good for someone else with no expectation of anything in return.  Some people give money or items and others give time and effort. You can do nice things for people you know, such as friends or family or you can do something for a total stranger.  The little bit I've been working I've learned that there are lots of people out there that need help, there are a lot of people that have less and its nice to see other people helping out.  I want to encourage everyone reading this to do something nice for someone they don't know, someone you think needs help with something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment