Welcome

WELCOME

Hi-
I'm Atlas, a Police Canine (or K9) for the Oceanside Police Department. I am a Belgian Malinois. I work with a Police Officer partner, also called a "Handler", his name is Kevin. Together we are a K9 team and we patrol the City of Oceanside. Our job is to assist other police officers in doing their jobs and making things safer for them. I have a really good nose and my handler teaches me to use it to search for things. Right now I'm getting good at finding people my handler wants me to find. I can look in buildings, fields, lots, inside cars and find somebody hiding. I'm still getting use to riding around in a patrol car, the siren makes me howl, LOL! Anyway, I started this blog so you kids could see what kinds of stuff I'm up to. Check in here and there and see if I've posted any updates. Maybe I'll see you around, I'll try not to bark at you :)

Monday, September 30, 2013

Oceanside Harbor Days 2013


It was great seeing all you kids out at Oceanside Harbor Days this weekend. On Saturday myself and K9 Nero did three demonstrations throughout the day showcasing what we can do.  These demonstrations are a great way for us to interact with the community and educate people about police canines.  Sunday, I got the day off but K9 Max and K9 Gonzo got a chance to show off! 

The other great thing is we had some awesome volunteers helping us out running an information booth and collecting donations. People were very generous and all the money we raised will go to helping dogs like me in the future in case of an unforeseen medical problem or something like that.  Anyway, it was great seeing those of you who came out and look forward to seeing more of you in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment